You, our patient, are very important to us. We appreciate your choosing our Physicians to provide your care. Due to the extremely complicated guidelines regarding insurance, billing, as well as the large number of telephone calls we receive each day, we are asking for your assistance in helping us run the clinic efficiently.
- INSURANCE CARDS: We MUST HAVE copies of all your active insurance cards. Please notify us of any change in your insurance, address, place of employment, phone number, etc. when you arrive and BEFORE you see your physician or have any testing.
- INSURANCE /ACCOUNT BALANCES: Co-payments, deductibles and account balances are due before each visit. Please be aware that many insurance companies charge a percentage copayment for procedures and that you may have a copayment for an office visit and only 80/20 coverage on other services. Knowing what your insurance company covers is your responsibility. If you are not covered by medical insurance, full payment is due at the time of each visit or service.
- REFERRALS: If you need an insurance referral to see a specialist please request it at least seventy two (72) hours before each appointment with your specialist, so we will have adequate time to obtain it. Doing so will ensure your referral is up to date. It is the patients responsibility to obtain and confirm your referral.
- MEDICAL RECORDS: We maintain your records for 7 years after your last date of service; then they are destroyed.
- MEDICAL RECORD REQUESTS: Due to the large number of medical records requested, it could take up to 14 days.
- PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS: If you are out of refills for your medication you must make an appointment to get a new prescription.
- TELEPHONE CALLS: The very best effort will be made to return all calls the same day however in some instances there is a 24 hour turnaround for telephone messages. If you need an immediate answer it would be best to make an appointment.
- RETURNED CHECKS: There will be a $30 charge for all returned checks. Returned check amount and fee will need to be paid by cash or credit card.
- MISSED APPOINTMENTS: You may be charged $25 for appointments not cancelled or rescheduled within a 24 hours notice. Constant rescheduling or cancellations could result in termination from our practice due to non-compliance of physician instructions.