"Cullman Internal Medicine Is An Equal Opportunity Employer"
It is the policy of this practice to provide equal opportunity to persons regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
Please review our current job postings below. You may either apply by downloading the application below or emailing your resume to email@example.com
Cullman Internal Medicine will maintain your application for one year. Upon submitting your application we will make every effort to review it for proper consideration. Our Human Resources Department will respond to you if you meet the current needs of our practice.
All employees agree to be subject to drug testing prior to official employment.
If an open position is not currently available, we will maintain your application and consider it for future openings. If you meet the qualifications of the position and are selected for an interview, Human Resources or the Hiring Manager will phone or e-mail you. Thank you for your interest in our practice.
Billing Office Manager
Full Job Description
Cullman Internal Medicine is seeking a full-time Billing Office Manager. We are looking for self-motivated and experienced professionals that will be responsible for supervising a team of 6 Billing Specialists, 5 patient registration clerks, and one Patient Advocate. This position will report to directly to the physicians and practice administrator. The Manager should be comfortable communicating with physicians, providing billing presentations for staff meetings, analyzing data to communicate to administrator and physicians, analyzing department objectives, and prioritizing staff to complete objectives.
- Minimum five years of experience in billing insurance and patient collections, primary care experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years working in a supervisory or management position.
- Candidate must be a Certified Professional Coder through AAPC
- Strong proficiency in the use of Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote and other Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to organize processes and tasks
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and establish and maintain good working relationships with patients, physicians, and coworkers
- Possess profound knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations affecting medical billing and insurance verification
- Deep knowledge and understanding of revenue cycle, collections and payment posting, medical billing, Medicare and Medicaid, and third party payers
- Thorough knowledge and working experience of CPT and ICD10 codes, UB04 claim forms, HCFA 1500, HIPAA, insurance benefits, medical terminology, appeal processes, and billing, collections, and insurance regulations
- Solid knowledge of basic accounting principles and business management to be able to effectively give direction to the billing office and assist the Business Office Manager and Practice Administrator
- Strong negotiation skills to be able to effectively deal with patients and payers to secure payment, as well as to be able to discuss the finances of patients
- Possess current knowledge of technologies in the health information sector and their applications
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively relate with the public, patients, organizations, and other employees
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and frequent interruptions from staff and patients without being distracted
- Strong ability to display exceptional initiative and work under little or no supervision
- Perform as a practice expert at the department on all issues relating to billing and intake processes
- Supervise the billing and patient registration department operations that include duties such as charge entry, payment posting, reimbursement management, insurance verification, and accounts receivable follow-up
- Ensure claims are filed with appropriate CPT codes, ICD-10 codes, & Modifiers
- Review claim notes to ensure appropriate documentation for claims.
- Review claims submission batches and reconcile errors
- Reviewing automated submission of patient statements
- Ensure the timely filing and collections
- Schedule tasks to ensure practice timelines are met
- Completing necessary month-end and year-end tasks including working with Business Office Manager and Practice Administrator on verification of data accuracy, balancing, key performance indicators (KPIs), report-generation, etc.
- Carry out analysis of trends affecting coding, charges, accounts receivable, and collection, and assign manageable tasks to billing staff
- Carry out audits of current procedures and processes, discover billing/registration operations areas to improve efficiency and accuracy of data input
- Train, allocate work, and resolve problems among billing office personnel
- Carry out performance evaluation of personnel and recommend necessary actions
- Provide motivation to employees to achieve their best performance and high degree of productivity
- Ensure strong team building and protocol in the billing and registration department by holding monthly staff meetings, adjusting the frequency as needed.
- Ensure quality and appropriate trainings are provided to newly hired and existing billing/registration staff through effective supervision and coordination of the training process, and by adhering to established company policies and procedures
- Coordinate time away requests of team members to ensure the daily functions of the department is not negatively affected
- Collaborate with other departments to get and analyze additional information about patients to be able to record and process billing effectively
- Ensure the billing/registration department carries out all its activities in accordance with its overall protocol, and also that they complied with payer, State, and Federal requirements, regulations, and guidelines
- Remain updated on HIPAA and all other health information management issues and regulations
- Give report of all concerns and issues at the department to the Practice Administrator for prompt necessary action.
- Work with Patient Advocate to review and send collection letters to patients monthly.
- Assist Patient Advocate in research and handling return checks for the group
- Ensure designated staff is timely in researching and correcting bad addresses from return mail and statements.
- Answer and handle account calls concerning patient and insurance balances, insurance changes, patient information updates, refile insurance information, etc,. in an efficient and timely manner.
- Research credit balances for refunds due to the patient or the insurance company and reports these refunds to the office manager.
- Other duties as assigned by physicians or management
The responsibilities listed above may vary based upon the position but this list is intended to give a general understanding of the scope of daily activities that we are currently seeking candidates to meet. This list is not all inclusive and is intended only as a general overview for the department.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays per company policy
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Paid MGMA local and state membership
- Paid AAPC membership
- CEU reimbursement as stated per company policy
Full-time CMA or LPN
We are seeking a full-time CMA or LPN, primary care office experience preferred. Candidates should have the following:
- Current Alabama nursing License/M.A. certification
- Minimum two years clinical experience
- Up to date knowledge of ICD-10 codes
- Knowledge of insurance/clinical requirements for prior authorizations
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with Systemedx EHR a plus